The first pier was built in 1827 and measured 31.5 meters. However, by the end of the 19th century the pier had been lengthened to 315 meters. Today, however, one walks on the structure, which was rebuilt in 1928. To protect the pier from waves, a reinforced concrete head was added in the 1990s.
Initially, it served as a fishing pier, but as a result of the expansion of the resort, it gained a recreational function.