Architect Heinrich Dunkel, commissioned by Eugen Baumann, a manufacturer of tiled stoves, designed a residence that was built in 1906 on the then Parkstrasse, later Kinderheilstattenweg. From the architectural point of view, the observation tower towering over the entire structure, the skeleton structure used in the building and the Art Nouveau interior and ornamentation inside.
A few years later, the founder of the Sopot children’s sanatorium located on the same property, Dr. Georg Abegg, founded a small park, which has remained unchanged to this day.
After World War II, the villa served as a military holiday residence, incl. Marshal Michał Rola-Żymierski (1945-1949) . It was called “Rusałka”.
The most visually attractive building was built at the end of the 19th century in the form of an Art Nouveau mansion. Inside, there are 14 holiday rooms for 30 people, two conference rooms: training and fireplace (banquet and training) with a historic stove and original Gdańsk furniture.